Easter has come and gone. In its wake lies a lot of chocolate. I didn’t think I could possibly manage to eat all of that chocolate, so I decided to do something creative with it.
- 350g self raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 200g chocolate of any kind (dark is good) – smashed into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Mix the flour and salt in one bowl
- In a glass bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Put this bowl over a boiling saucepan and melt the butter and sugar together. Try not to just stop here and eat the sugar/ fat mixture: Yes – it’s tempting!
- Leave the butter/ sugar mixture to cool for a while.
- Beat the eggs into the butter/ sugar mixture.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate.
- Roll small marble sized balls of dough out in your hands and place at intervals on a tray with baking parchment.
- Bake in the oven for 8-11 minutes.
- Put on a rack to cool.